Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: So, out of curiosity . . . (this has next to nothing to do with manga, sadly)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Winter's Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    . . . is anyone here participating in this year's NaNoWriMo project?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LiL dEviL MiNeE's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2003
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] what is that?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Winter's Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    www.nanowrimo.org.

    Basically, between the first and the end of November, you write a 50000 'novel'. Fill it with filler, make up facts as you go along, it doesn't really matter. All you have to do to complete it is finish writing a story of that length within the specified time frame.

    I tried it last year and procrastinated too much, and so didn't get it done. This year, I have a bit more determination and direction. I just wondered how many of the S-C crowd were also participating.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    how do they know you'll write it in a month only? do you ahve to suscribe? I may try it...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member aridice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did it last year, and I registered again this year although i don't think i'm actually going to do it again. It was fun, and it makes you realize how much you can actually do with your time...10 minutes here, twenty minutes there... they really add up!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Winter's Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Yue:
    how do they know you'll write it in a month only? do you ahve to suscribe? I may try it...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, you just have to sign up for it. It's free, so no worries. There's a field where you can update your word count throughout the month. Once you've reached 50000 words, just submit it for word count veritifcation (it's all explained on the site itself, and better than I can do it, too!), and you'll be listed as one of the winners for that year.

    They don't accept veritifcations after November 30 . . . but there's no real way of tell if people started before NOvember 1 or not. It's all done on the honour system, I guess.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds like it'd be lots of fun....

    Unfortunaly I don't have to time to devote to it...sigh...maybe next year..? ^^;;;;;

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SailorPenguinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm...sounds like fun. ^^ Buttt....I can't write for beans. =_=;;;

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Lamasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes Indeedie ^_^

    second year running! Joined the madness last year and produced a novel of much smuttness and little plot ... which infact was more plot than I intended as it was suposed to be just pretty boys at it like busy bunnies ...?_?

    but there you go - you start writing and it takes you to places you never thought you'd go - its utterly stressful and terrible fun.

    I mostly hang at the Erotic and romance and the Fantasy and Sci Fi Section on the forum. anything to do with demons erotic horror and gay smut usually have few comments by me in it.

    I go by the usual name of Lamasu [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •